Many people are pulling up sticks and moving to their very own slice of tropical heaven in Vanuatu. There are many reasons to move to this island paradise, from the fabulous sunny weather, to the pristine beaches, wonderful clear ocean water, the sport fishing, scuba diving, hiking and the laid back lifestyle.
This is what Vanuatu offers to everyone, a relaxed outlook on life, people who are happy in their work and no income tax!
So if you are checking out the real estate in Vanuatu and considering making a much needed move, here are 6 real world benefits that will have you packing your suitcase and hopping on a plane.
- No tax: There is no personal tax, no corporate tax and no capital gains tax in Vanuatu. This means that whatever you earn from your job, you keep all of it – no more high tax rates and ending up with half your money in your pocket. This is also fabulous for people who own Vanuatu real estate, because if and when it comes time to sell, you don’t have to pay any tax to the government, as you do in Australia.
- Plenty of jobs: If you want to work in the agriculture or cattle industries, since these make up most of the exports in Vanuatu, you should have no problem in finding work. Of course, tourism is a large industry as well, so if this is your area of expertise or you want to set up your own tourism business, you have plenty of scope in Vanuatu. Teachers are also in big demand in Vanuatu and the finance sector is booming as well, so as you can see, work is plentiful in Vanuatu – if you have the right skills or are prepared to learn new ones.
- They have 2 hour lunch breaks: Every employee dreams of a 2 hour lunch break and in Vanuatu they actually live this dream. 2 hour siestas happen every day with government offices closing at 11.30am and reopening at 1.30pm. Living in Vanuatu is flexible and laid back, so when you work here you just have to go with the flow.
- Time is not a priority: With their relaxed lifestyle, opening hours are quite flexible on times, so don’t expect a business to open right on time or even close bang on time. Everything is relative in Vanuatu and so you just take everything as it comes and invest in a big chunk of patience.
- Real estate in Vanuatu is very affordable: Many people move to Vanuatu to live permanently as retirees or even as a young working family with children. They are drawn here because of the relaxed lifestyle, the lack of stress and the wonderful weather. Others decide to invest in holiday houses in Vanuatu, spending a month or more here themselves and then leasing their property to tourists for the remainder of the year.
- You are always on holiday: Even though you might have to work for a living, when you can earn a living in a tropical paradise, then it doesn’t feel much like work. With so many beautiful places to visit, so many fabulous things to do and all of the beaches, surf and the wonderful people of Vanuatu, working is no longer a chore, but simply a way to meet new people.